This online Zoom training is for Primary Newly Qualified Teachers to replace the cancelled face to face session.
A session to explore ways to enable young learners to engage with and understand the 'building blocks' behind mathematical concepts in order to secure progress in maths. The session will:
- Provide numerous examples of ways to contextualise mathematical concepts
- Explore the idea of mathematical mastery and how it relates to the progress of all pupils
The session will be online via Zoom and will include opportunities for questions/ chat.
- Build a bank of practical strategies to develop mathematical understanding, adaptable for use in their own classroom
- Develop deeper subject knowledge and understand its importance when sequencing mathematics lessons
- Be able to incorporate the effective use of dialogue and questioning to enable deeper learning
The Zoom meeting details will be sent out separately via email to confirmed delegates.
If your school had purchased the Primary NQT training package for 2019-20 then the cost will default to zero when booking.
If your school had not purchased the Primary NQT training package for 2019-20 the cost will be £35. Your school will need to check your booking out of their basket to confirm your place.