Lewisham Council’s Safeguarding in Education Service is an excellent source of information, advice and guidance delivered primarily through Lewisham’s Safeguarding in Education Lead, offering expertise and training for members of the school leadership team and governing bodies.
All Lewisham Council-maintained schools will continue to benefit from:
- phone or email access with safeguarding related enquiries (institutional and not case work)
- weekly email safeguarding updates in the Schools Mailing
- access to termly Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) safeguarding briefings
- online safeguarding audit completed by school
- one hour visit including an initial review of the Single Central Record (SCR). (We reserve the right to add an hourly (or part thereof) charge of £75 for any meetings that exceed their recommended time allocation).